Sunday, June 22, 2008

A beautiful Sunday

Today was a great day. First Madelyn showed up just after 12:00 and then we were able to get a few hours of sleep. It was a great Sunday in Ames with the sun shining and lots of visitors stopping by to meet the new addition to our family. I thought I would add some pictures of our first day together. Karen looked pretty good after labor - she even had the energy to show a smile at 2:00 in the morning.
There was a little time for Karen and Madelyn to catch a nap.

My parents were the first to arrive. They were here by 10:30 and here for an hour before they headed back to Pella for a family reunion.


Karen's parents left Grand Rapids Michigan this morning and were here by 4:00. They will be here for the week -- I am sure we will need all the help we can get as we adjust to this new addition.

Dawn and Andy stopped by to say hi to the new niece.
Tim and Lonita also stopped by to say hi -- their time is coming in September!

We did put Madelyn down for a little while to take a picture of just her. There is not a consensus about who she looks like -- some say she looks like Karen and others say she looks like a De Bruin. I guess that means she is a good mix of both:)

We will be staying in the hospital until Tuesday sometime. So far things have gone well and Karen and Madelyn are both doing well.

Until tomorrow

JDB

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Congrats, what a cutie! Hope your adjustment goes smoothly:)

Rachel said...

She's so beautiful :). What a busy day, so many people who love you all! Glad you are going to take advantage of the time at the hospital. So glad your parents are there! I'm sure it will be a good week together.

Asher Fanner said...

Oh my goodness!!! I come home from vacation to check your blog and a see this beautiful baby in the arms of anxious parents! I am so happy for you both...Jason, you probably don't remember me, but Mrs. De Bruin I'm soooooo excited!! She is absolutely gorgous and I love the name!! EEEEEE...Praise God!!! I'm soo happy for you!!

Dan said...

Thanks for more pictures! She is a cutie. Please keep more coming!

Rachelle

S+C said...

Congratulations!!! Karen, you look wonderful, Jason, you look proud, and Madelyn looks just beautiful! We pray God's blessing over all of you as you adjust to this great new life together as a family. Enjoy every moment!
Steve and Cary