Friday, June 6, 2008

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

Floods of '93 anyone? The farmers (and researchers) in Iowa are going crazy watching the crops they had planted wash away, and other fields they hoped to plant become lakes. Each night seems to bring more rain and lots of it! Parts of Iowa had 7 inches in a night! Des Moines had 4-5 just last night. All that water has to go somewhere. Thankfully we get a relief from the rain during parts of the day, but it is extremely humid...just the makings for another storm.
Jason was up multiple times in the night checking to see if we had water in our basement again...We did :( I hate that musty smell. I'm thankful for our dehumidifier as that helps some.
I guess the one good thing is my garden really likes all this rain and I haven't had to water my flower baskets. We've already been eating lettuce and spinach from the garden. Yummy.

No comments: